- Wed-Sat at 10 a.m., 1 p.m., and 3 p.m.
(tours begin promptly)
- 45 minutes to one hour in length
- Requires ½ mile walk and heights of approximately 80 feet
- Public tours limited to 25 participants
- Tours may be canceled due to maintenance work
- Tours are not given in excessive heat (heat index over 100) or cold (wind chill of Zero)
- Groups of 10 or more need to call the Alton Convention and Visitors Bureau at 1-800-258-6645 to arrange their visit.
- Group tours available Wed-Sat 9 a.m., 11 a.m., and 2 p.m.
- Allow at least 1 1/2 hours to visit both the museum and locks and dam.
- School/children groups require at least one adult chaperone per 10 students.
- Student activity sheets are available to assist in the museum experience